Ok guys, its time to bring this blog back to life. I don't even know what everybody is up to. I used to just say, 'Hey Mom, what state is Mignon in this weekend?', or, 'Hey Mom, when is our family reunion?', and she would tell me. Well, that is what this blog is for. I want to know what is going on, and I want pictures; I am sure we all feel this way. We can make this blog work. It has been limping along for almost two years, and it is time to set down the crutches. Think of the benefits this blog has to offer our family. Not only will it provide a convenient and accurate family record, but we will also feel the power of a family that stays close, and cares for each other. President Henry B. Eyring said in a general conference address, " At family prayer around a breakfast table, one child may pray for another to be blessed that things will go well that day in a test or in some performance. When the blessings come, the child blessed will remember the love of the morning and the kindness of the Advocate in whose name the prayer was offered. Hearts will be bound in love." We may not be able to pray together around the breakfast table, but we can still bind our hearts with love.
So to start things off, I would love to have everyone write a little post about their families current place in life. Just a little something and maybe a picture or two. Please have this done within the next week.
I have also taken the liberty to plan out a weekly schedule, each family will be assigned to post once a month. This is in similitude to our old Orton Family Newsletter. I am really looking forward to this, when I pray for you guys I want to know what I should be praying for. I love you all so much!
Also a special thanks to Melanie and Mardee, who have been such faithful and enjoyable bloggers.
thank you thank you thank you! let's first see who even reads this. Please please comment to let us know that this blog is being seen. This is what I started this blog for, thank you for putting it so eloquently, Mikee.
ReplyDeleteYes yes yes. I, too am sick of not knowing what is going on with my family, especially since none of us are really good phone talkers.. (I say this because Jake thinks it's weird that we don't call each other much- apparently it's "normal" to keep up with each other regularly). Anyway, I love the idea of having assignments as to when we need to write. Of course, no one should feel limited to only once a month especially if exciting things are going on.
ReplyDelete