It's a Friday night and I have donated my husband to the science of scout campouts tonight, so while I put off housework, which I've put off until tonight so I can stay busy instead of lonely, I'll blog, of course!
Things are well here, and by well, I mean barely. This morning marked the official non-contagiousness of the last kid (Layla) to have strep throat in our house. As long as Spencer and I don't have it, we are passed it, at least for now. Cadence's actually went on for so long that it became scarlet fever.
But everybody is healthy now, which means Cadence is back to spending every waking hour begging for either 1) friends over to play or 2) a party.
Since I had my kids home with me for an entire week, I decided to jump the gun on a project I'd been mulling over in my head and I beefed up my craft supplies and turned the useless space that was a "formal dining room" into a "conservatory" (well, a room for crafting, artwork, learning, and the piano).
I've been finding a lot of ideas for kids crafts or art on Pinterest and one that I tried out was to laminate a large picture of each kid and then give them dry erase markers and let them decorate themselves. You probably saw this on facebook but the results really cracked me up:
Friday, January 27, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


wow! I think I will use your idea so I can always wake up with that song in my head. Mine will probably be made with printer paper and crayons though. Your girls are so cute! I miss them (and you and Spencer) so much!
ReplyDeleteI loved the ramblings of a Clive and I love how different Cadence and Campbell are from each other, their pictures are great.
ReplyDeleteOh Mardee, I'm so sorry about all the strep. But it looks like you made good use of your time. Campbells picture is hilarious, and I sing that song all the time too. What a good Idea to have it mounted.. I just might have to copy you.
ReplyDeleteMercy. I remember what it was like to have several sick kids. Did Cadence really end up with scarlet fever? Grandma Clora Orton would have said, "Give me strength!" Speaking of gramma O, she would like that you wake up singing that song. Dad says that she would wake up singing, "Let us oft speak kind words".
ReplyDeleteFunny, I had just been singing that when I read this (it was in the morning) and realize that Jake and I sing it often, too. Jake has never actually heard the song. I love those girls. Glad they aren't sick anymore!
ReplyDelete