Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Babies Don't Keep

These days, I here about one sentence per Sacrament meeting, between screaming kids and running-up-to-the-pulpit kids, and you never know how pertinent the one sentence is going to be.  This week it was this little old vintagey poem, which has run through my mind over and over again:


The cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow,

for Children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.

So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.

I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep......

~Author Unknown ~


You know, each new phase of life is fun and exciting and brings something new to enjoy, but if I wanted to, I could (and some days do) spend all of the precious time when my children need me more than anybody else doing house work. 

and that, Mikalyn, is basically what is going on around here.  The war between my house and my kids.  Luckily, it's quite clear by looking around that the kids are winning.

here they are  in all their cuteness:

Adam and new bride Stephanie had a trolley waiting to give rides outside the temple after they got married, which really came in handy for 1)keeping hte kids around and 2) keeping warm!

All these candy cane pictures are after the kids sang "Rudolph" in front of thousands of Walmart employees (including right in front of the CEO) at the Christmas meeting.



We are doing well and I'm feeling pretty great.  I was recently tested for adrenal insufficiency (basically what Mer has) and all came back normal, so I'm pretty sure it was Lyme Disease, and it's all over now.

I have sworn in my wrath that I will have no more babies until the ones I have now sleep through the night for at least an entire month.  So if you want to pray for something...

love you all!



3 comments:

  1. I've already been praying for more cousins for this kid, so expect miracles!
    By the way, I love that poem. I think I will have that framed on my living room wall so when people come over they will be inclined to be more understanding. It will also be a good reminder for us to let go of some of our OCD.. We still have a couple of months before that needs to happen though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Mardee, you are awesome. I loved that poem! Thanks for posting those awesome pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT! I miss you guys. Sorry, you're the last of many comments I have written, and am now out of time.. next time I'll do yours first!

    ReplyDelete