Monday, March 1, 2010

It's Life

Well, everyone, I just want you to know that I did not get the internship that I applied for. The interviews (well one of them anyway) went really well, and I was surprised about how confident I was. The interviewers knew and loved my family members such as Grandpa Harward, uncle Chris, and uncle Stan. They seemed so excited about me, and I thought I had a chance. I got a short email this morning telling me that they "regret to inform me that they decided to go with another candidate." I didn't think I would care as much as I do. I think it's more a shot to my pride than anything... haha well that's life, I guess. Mom and Dad are right though, it will be interesting to see what we will be blessed with to compensate for this disappointment. If nothing else, it was a good experience.
For those of you who did not know much about this, UVU has an internship partnership with districts in this area. Each student in the program can apply for two districts, and I chose Provo and Alpine. If I had gotten the internship, I would basically finish school this summer and start teaching this fall getting paid half salary and full benefits. Provo was the district that emailed me this morning. I haven't actually heard from Alpine, but that interview was no good, and they were supposed to let us know by today. I'm assuming that they sent it to the wrong email address.
Thanks for letting me vent.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Mel, we're sorry to hear about your disappointment. But mom and dad are right--something else will come for you guys. I haven't been through it myself but Spencer has had a lot of rejection in the job-hunt world. Don't take it too hard--it happens to everybody. I can't wait to see how it all unfolds. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still bitter about not being crowned homecoming queen. at least you have that!

    ReplyDelete